There are limited spots available (20) so please register for this event as soon as possible to secure your spot! Please note, due to the limited availability, a maximum of 2 people per company are permitted to attend. If there are additional seats are made available, we will send out a second notice.
Details as follows:
Date: September 13, 2019 9:15-11:30 AM
Location: 5223 Ladner Trunk Road Delta, BC V4K 1W4 (Meeting place)
Parking is free. No transportation to the Port will be provided.
Cost: $30 per person
Please sign up at https://bookwhen.com/miabc
Did you know…
- Delta is a gateway for Canada’s trade with the world
- Delta is home to Canada’s largest container terminal
- The majority of items you use every day arrive in a container
- Canada exports numerous commodities in shipping containers, such as cherries from the Okanagan, specialty grains from the Prairies and wood products from B.C.
Join us on the Container Trail to see firsthand how Delta is a gateway to Canada’s trade with the world. From a busy container depot to huge logistics warehouses to Canada’s largest deep-sea container terminal, you’ll see the sights and sounds of global trade in action.
The first part of the tour drives by the following locations:
- Container depots and logistics warehouses in Delta’s Tilbury Industrial Park
- Deltaport Truck Staging Area
- Tsawwassen Container Examination Facility
- Deltaport Logistics Centre
The second part of the tour takes you to Roberts Bank, home of Canada’s busiest coal export facility and Canada’s largest container terminal. Here, you can get off the bus for an up-close look at container ships being loaded and unloaded at GCT Deltaport container terminal.